Friday, June 09, 2006

And what is so rare as a day in June?

I remember first facing this question, posed poetically by James Lowell many years ago. My first thought was "Why, a day in April, September, or November!" Which is why my time Bloomsbury is spent crunching numbers as opposed to pursuing literary goals.

Anyway, June in London is lovely, again, as it was a year ago. The World Cup is starting shortly, I've gotten myself a headset so I can use Skype for international phone calls, and my brother is visiting in a few weeks as part of a visit to Oxford.

What else is new? Ann Coulter has seen the pale and zoomed straight beyond it, an overrated "terrorist" leader named al-Zarqawi has learned that declaring an affiliation with Al Qaeda can be a bad idea, and the NBA and NHL finals look fairly uninteresting. And I've changed the name of the blog to something a bit less obscure.

No comments: